Davide Rebellin won the second stage of Tour de Slovaquie from Liptowski Mikulasz to Cierny Vah (154 km). Marek Rutkiewicz may consider himself very unlucky, as during the chase after Rebellin his chain broke.
– I felt great, my legs were working hard. When Rebellin broke away I started cranking, I wanted to chase him. I nearly flew over the handlebars… My chain got broken. I waited for the technical support services, because there was almost no sing of the peloton any more, you could not see the car anywhere. My fight in the general classification is over. – said ‘Rutek’, who eventually reached the finishing line 2.49 minutes after the leader.
The representatives of Bank BGŻ Team did very well on Wednesday. Łukasz Bodnar completed the race in the eighth position (+ 50 seconds), Paweł Cieślik was 15th, and Mariusz Witecki 19th. The highest ranked rider of the Polkowice team was Łukasz Owsian – 17th.
In the second place, behind Rebellin there was the Russian rider Sergiej Rudaskow (Itera-Katiusza) 14 seconds after the winner, the third rider was the Czech Jan Hirt (the U-23 national team).
In the general classification Enrico Rossi (Meridiana Kamen) is leading. Bodnar is the ninth (+ 4.22 min.), Owsian 16th, and Cieślik 18th (+ 4.31 min).
The results of stage 2, Liptowski Mikulasz – Cierny Vah (154 km)
1. David Rebellin (Meridiana Kamen Team) 3:47:56
2. Sergiej Rudaskow (Itera-Katiusza) 3:48:35
3. Jan Hirt (U-23 national team)
17. Łukasz Owsian 3:48:55
25. Adrian Honkisz 3:49:27
34. Nikolay Mihaylov 3:50:08
45. Marek Rutkiewicz 3:50:45
51. Sylwester Janiszewski 3:50:55