Sebastian Forke (Team Nutrixxion – Sparkasse) turned out to be the quickest at the finishing line of the final, fourth stage of this year’s Mazovia Tour race. The German triumphed at that event scoring all four stage wins.
On the last day of the competition the cyclists had 167 km to cover, a flat stretch from Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki to Płock.
From the very beginning the pace in the lead of the peloton was set by the team of Nutrixxion – Sparkasse, which tried to eliminate all attempts to attack, thus trying to lead to the finish in a big group. In spite of that a group of 7 cyclists broke away from the peloton, among them Jarek Rebiewski. At one moment the group achieved an advantage of 3 minutes, but the cyclists did not get on well with each other and, as a result, the break-away was eliminated before entering the laps in Płock. The very difficult final climb to the finishing line in the Old Market Square was covered three times by the cyclists, and it is here where the struggle for the stage win took place. The peloton split into smaller groups, in the first one there were sprint cyclists and among them the fight for the win was done. And, like in the previous stages, a real display of great sprint was made by Sebastian Forke, who on the streets of Płock achieved his fourth stage win in this event. Behind the German Adam Wadecki (Warmia i Mazury) and Rudiger Selig (Jenatec-Cycling) finished. Krzysztof Jeżowski (CCC Polsat Polkowice) was fourth at the finishing line in Płock.
In the general classification Germans took all the three places on the podium. Forke overtook Henning Bommel (LKT-Team-Brandenburg) by 24 seconds and Rudiger Selig (Jenatec-Cycling) by 34 seconds. The best of the Poles, Tomasz Lisowicz (CCC Polsat-Polkowice) completed the competition in the fourth position.
Tomasz Lisowicz became also the winner in the classification of the most active.
Stage 4, Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki – Płock, 167.1 km
1. Forke Sebastian (Ger) Team Nutrixxion Sparkasse 8.04.07
2. Wadecki Adam (Pol) Warmia I Mazury
3. Selig Rudiger (Ger) Jenatec-Cycling
4. Jeżowski Krzysztof (Pol) CCC Polsat Polkowice
14. Lisowicz Tomasz
30. Rębiewski Jarosław
31. Smoleń Tomasz
38. Kiendyś Tomasz
General classification after stage 4:
1. Forke Sebastian (Ger) Team Nutrixxion Sparkasse 15.44.20
2. Bommel Henning (Ger) Lkt-Team-Brandenburg 00.24
3. Selig Rudiger (Ger) Jenatec-Cycling 00.34
4. Lisowicz Tomasz (Pol) CCC Polsat Polkowice
8. Jeżowski Krzysztof (Pol) CCC Polsat Polkowice 00.40
11. Rębiewski Jarosław (Pol) CCC Polsat Polkowice
14. Kiendyś Tomasz (Pol) CCC Polsat Polkowice
20. Smoleń Tomasz (Pol) CCC Polsat Polkowice