CCC Sprandi Polkowice dominated stage 2 of Szlakiem Bursztynowym – Hellena Tour, individual time trial. In the Top5 there was four “riders in orange” and the fastest among them was Mateusz Taciak.
The time trial was on of the two stages held on Saturday. It was 14 kilometers long, and ran around the town of Opatówek. Mateusz Taciak covered the course in 18 minutes and 14 seconds. It was 6 seconds faster than his two teammates – Eryk Latoń and Tomasz Kiendyś who also made the podium. Interestingly only 0,06 sec separated those two.
Łukasz Owsian, who put on good performance on yestarday’s stage, set the fifth fastest time. It helped him climbed up the general classification to third place, 1:18 behind the leader, Andrij Wasyljuk (Kolss-BDC).
Stage 3 will be held in the afternoon, from Kalisz to Kazimierza Biskupi, which is 144km long. The race will be finalized on Sunday.
Results of stage 2 of Wyścig Szlakiem Bursztynowym – Hellena Tour, Opatówek – Opatówek, 14km (ITT)
1. Mateusz Taciak (CCC Sprandi Polkowice) 18:14
2. Eryk Latoń (CCC Sprandi Polkowice) 0:06
3. Tomasz Kiendyś (CCC Sprandi Polkowice) 0:06
5. Łukasz Owsian (CCC Sprandi Polkowice) 0:09
12. Piotr Brożyna (CCC Sprandi Polkowice) 0:23
14. Grzegorz Stępniak (CCC Sprandi Polkowice) 0:28
41 Jakub Kaczmarek (CCC Sprandi Polkowice) 1:24
46. Kamil Małecki (CCC Sprandi Polkowice) 1:30
53. Leszek Pluciński (CCC Sprandi Polkowice) 1:46