The 46th edition of the Tour of Turkey was started with an individual time trial, whose 6 kilometres long route led along the winding streets of Istanbul. The German André Greipel from HTC-Columbia was the absolute winner, his mate from the club, the American Teya Van Garderen was second. In the third place was Maciej Bodnar adrift of the winner by 9 seconds.
The best of the CCC Polsat Polkowice team was Łukasz Bodnar, 36 seconds adrift of the leader, in the 43rd place.
Bodnar started as the last of the ‘orange’ team. After passing all the racers he reached the fifth ten, with the winner André Greipel (Columbia – HTC) having a 36-second lead over him.- It is not a result I could be satisfied with. I did not feel too well and the ride was hard for me – commented the elder of the Bodnar brothers after the stage.
-There was a very strong wind. On the first 2,5 km, when we were going along the coast the wind was blowing in the opposite direction. The pace at times dropped down to 32km/h. It was really heard – described the racer – The finish of the race included a 500 metres high hill, but this wasn’t much exacting – he added.
– My brother rode incredibly. He took a place on the podium and is third in GC. Although he suffered an injury at the beginning of the season, he is really strong.
– When I saw that he was third I was surprised. He surprised me. He went 30 seconds faster. He must be prepared really well – he concluded.
The results of the prologue: individual time trial, Istambul 5,8 km
1. André Greipel (Ger) HTC-Columbia 00:08:40
2. Tejay Van Garderen (USA) HTC-Columbia 00:00:06
3. Maciej Bodnar (Pol) Liquigas-Doimo 00:00:09
43. Łukasz Bodnar 00:00:36
51. Tomasz Marczyński 00:00:40
53. Dariusz Batek 00:00:42
58. Tomasz Kiendyś 00:00:44
65. Bartłomiej Matysiak 00:00:49
66. Adam Sznitko 00:00:50
71. Adrian Honkisz 00:00:53
73. Krzysztof Jeżowski 00:00:54