In Cieszyn Tomasz Marczyński (CCC Polsat Polkowice) took the seventeenth place. In the GC ‘Maniek’ is the highest classified of Poles.
– Before today’s stage you said that you would go calmly. And here you came in the first bigger group.
– By saying ‘calmly’ I meant reaching the finishing line without stress and not losing any important seconds. I arrived in the first group, which was my aim, so I am satisfied. There’s nothing to complain about.
– Tomorrow another mountainous stage around Zakopane, where probably the selection of favourites will take place. Your leader is…
– … Marek Rutkiewicz. We will of course lead ‘Rutek’ out and support him as a team, as much as it will be possible.
– This year you have already taken part in a dozen or so races, many of them Polish ones. How big are the differences between the domestic events and WorldTour? Surely big ones…
– Of course, big ones. It is enough to have a look at the average speeds and everything becomes clearl However, I do not feel so much tired after four days of competing.
– You are classified in the highest position in the GC. What did you receive as an award on the Cieszyn podium?
– I haven’t looked yet … DVDs, among others ‘Czas honoru’. I will see them when I have time. For the time being I am concentrating on the next two stages.