By winning the opening race of the cycling season in Sobótka Marek Rutkiewicz (CCC Polsat Polkowice), starting his racing in the cycling BGŻ ProLiga, became its first leader.
Marek Rutkiewicz from the team of CCC Polsat Polkowice won on Sunday in Sobótka ‘Ślężański Mnich’, the race that opened the cycling season in Poland, and thus he became the first leader of the prestigious cycle of BGŻ ProLiga. As the first winner of the race Marek Rutkiewicz gained for the general classification of the cycle 40 points and he is overtaking the second contestant at the finishing line Robert Radosz (BDC MarcPol) by 10 points, and his team-mate, Dariusz Batek by 15 points.
The riders are going to fight for further points in the BGŻ ProLiga classification during the Memorial of Andrzej Trochanowski, which takes place 1 May in Baboszewo.
The general classification of BGŻ ProLiga.
1. Marek Rutkiewicz (CCC Polsat Polkowice) – 40 points.
2. Robert Radosz (BDC MarcPol) – 30 points.
3. Dariusz Batek (CCC Polsat Polkowice) – 25 points.
4. Jarosław Kowalczyk (BDC MarcPol) – 20 points.
5. Łukasz Owsian (CCC Polsat Polkowice) – 15 points.
6. Bartłomiej Matysiak (CCC Polsat Polkowice) – 11 points.
7. Piotr Gawroński (CCC Polsat Polkowice) – 7 points.
8. Tomasz Smoleń (BGŻ Team) – 5 points.
9. Mieszko Bulik (Chrobry Głogów) – 3 points.
10. Michał Czerkies (Mostostal Puławy) – 1 point.
Marek Rutkiewicz on the podium of the BGŻ ProLiga leader.
Marek Rutkiewicz – the first leader of BGŻ ProLiga.