The leading in the mountains classification after the fourth stage of the 68th Tour de Pologne was retained by Bartłomiej Matysiak (CCC Polsat Polkowice), who was in a breakaway for the most part of the distance and collecting points at subsequent climbs.
– Yesterday you said that you should defend the best climber jersey, in which you succeeded. Today you chose quite aggressive a tactic.
– Such a right moment to ride away happened that I took that opportunity. I gathered strength in climbs that I tried to win, in order to retain the jersey but also to score a few points more.
– Along the route your fans could be seen, supporting you strongly.
– And that support helped me. It is always nice when you see the faces you know and fans who wish you all the best. That cheering gave me additional strength.
– Enough strength to defend the Tauron pink jersey also during tomorrow’s stage around Zakopane, too?
– Hopefully yes. So far I have been lucky to get into such groups that broke away and stayed at the lead. Perhaps tomorrow I will be able to break away. We will see, but I can’t promise anything.
– Do you feel a bit tired after four days of racing and breakways?
– A little. After the stage I go for a massage, then to the evening meal to recuperate the body. And to be prepared for tomorrow’s stage.