Jaroslaw Marycz became the new leader of the Lotto Mazovia Tour after the stage 2, won by Tim Reske (LKT Team Brandenburg).
The second stage was held on the same day as the morning team time trial, also around Nowy Dwor Mazowiecki. The last part of 106-kilometer race consisted of three 2,5-kilometer laps in the city, on narrow and winding roads.
– The stage was relatively short, but very nervous and fast. The average speed reached almost 50 km/h – said Jaroslaw Marycz, new leader of the race, afterwards.
Our team did a great job today. After winning the team time trial our goal was to protect the yellow jersey worn by Tomasz Kiendys. Unfortunately there was a crash in the final laps which made him slow down and lose distance to the leading group. He didn’t take part in the sprint for the victory. Due to gaps on the finish he lost the jersey but fortunately it stayed in our team. There are 4 stages ahead of us and we will do everything we can to take the jersey all the way.
12 riders were involved in the breakaway of the day. They stayed in the front for large part of the stage but never gained significant advantage. Due to chase led by CCC Polsat Polkowice the escapees were reeled in before entering the final laps.
Tim Reske (LKT Team Brandenburg) was the fastest man from the bunch. He outsprinted Maurits Lammertink (Team Jo Piels) and Filip Eidsheim (Team Fixit).
Results of stage 2, Modlin – Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki (106 km);
1. Tim Reske (LKT Brandenburg) 2:17:16
2. Maurits Lammertink (Jo Piels)
3. Filip Eidsheim (Team Fixit)
8. Jarosław Marycz
32. Tomasz Kiendyś 0:21
51. Nikolay Mihaylov
82. Piotr Gawroński
83. Jacek Morajko
95. Adrian Kurek
General classification after stage 2:
1. Jaroslaw Marycz (CCC Polsat Polkowice) 2:37:17
2. Maurits Lammertink (Team Jo Piels) 00:20
3. Tomasz Kiendys (CCC Polsat Polkowice) 00:21
4. Nikolay Mihaylov (CCC Polsat Polkowice)
5. Adrian Kurek (CCC Polsat Polkowice