On the next day of the starts within the Championships of Poland in road cycling the riders were competing in an individual time trial. The Champion of Poland in the elite category is Maciej Bodnar (Liquigas). Mateusz Taciak completed the time trial in the 4th place.
During the second day of the starts within the Championships of Poland in road cycling the riders were competing in an individual time trial. The route of the trial was situated in circuits around Jędrzejów and its profile was mostly flat, with little bumps. The length of the route varied with the age category of the contestants.
Around noon the U-23 riders entered the competition for the title of the Champion of Poland. They had a distance of 38 km to ride (4 circuits, 9.5 km each). From the team of CCC Polsat Polkowice Piotr Gawroński and Łukasz Owsian took part in the individual time trial.
The title of the Champion of Poland in individual time trial was defended by Kamil Gradek (GKS Cartusia Kartuzy), last year’s gold medal winner from Złotoryja. At the finishing line in Jędrzejów he was better than his team-mate, Paweł Bernas and than Łukasz Wiśniowski (TKK Pacific Toruń).
Kamil Gradek was the leader after the first time checking point, where the second position was taken by Piotr Gawroński (CCC Polsat Polkowice). The ‘orange’ team rider had problems with his bike, though, and he eventually dropped to the 4th place.
– The saddle moved down by about 5 centimetres in my bike. I wouldn’t like to blame the equipment, although it seems to me that the medal-winning position was within my reach – said Piotr Gawroński after the race.
– Of course, I am disappointed, because before the start I had quietly been hoping for a medal. With such an attitude I came to the enter, however, I did not manage to stand on the podium – said the champion of Europe.
Gawroński missed the podium by 19 seconds, but according to that 22-year-old rider the medal winning positions show very well who are the best riders in our country now. – In my opinion the podium of this time trial very well shows the distribution of the power among the U-23 riders. The medals went to the right people. My congratulations for the medal winners.
The next CCC Polsat Polkowice U-23 rider, Łukasz Owsian, took the 5th place, 1 min. 33 seconds behind the winner.
The results of the individual time trial – the U-23 category – 38 km
1. Kamil Gradek (GKS Cartusia Kartuzy) 47:57
2. Paweł Bernas (GKS Cartusia Kartuzy) 0:50
3. Łukasz Wiśniowski (TKK Pacific Toruń) 1:00
4. Piotr Gawroński (CCC Polsat Polkowice) 1:20
5. Łukasz Owsian (CCC Polsat Polkowice) 1:33
The route of the time trial for the elite category was 50 kilometres long (4 circuits, 12.5 km each) and as for the U-23 category it led along the circuits around Jędrzejów. In the start sheet there were 25 best Polish time-trial riders from Polish professional teams as well as cyclists racing abroad, among others Maciej Bodnar, Michał Kwiatkowski, Bartosz Huzarski and Jarosław Marycz.
The gold medal and the jersey of the Champion of Poland in individual time trial in the elite category was won by Maciej Bodnar(Liquigas – Cannondale). On the second place of the podium stood the beaten by 7 seconds Michał Kwiatkowski (Omega Pharma Quick Step) and the 3rd place was taken by the older of the Bodnar brothers, Łukasz from BGZ Team.
The best time of the CCC Polsat Polkowice team riders was achieved by Mateusz Taciak , who eventually took the fourth place.
The results of the individual time trial of the elite category , 50 km:
1. Maciej Bodnar (Liquigas – Cannondale) 1:03:01
2. Michał Kwiatkowski (Omega Pharma Quick Step) 0:07
3. Łukasz Bodnar (BGŻ Team) 1:30
4. Mateusz Taciak (CCC Polsat Polkowice) 2:12
8. Tomasz Kiendyś (CCC Polsat Polkowice) 2:58
14. Dariusz Batek (CCC Polsat Polkowice) 4:22
DNF Marek Rutkiewicz
We would like to invite you to the Gallery bookmark to see photos from the individual time trial taken by Piotr Bekier.
source: www.mp.zawody, s24.pl