Tomasz Kiendys (CCC Polsat Polkowice) secured the win by late attack in Tour de Rybnik. He beat Kacper Gronkiewicz (BDC MarcPol) and Michal Paluta (Pacific Toruń).
The total distance of 135 kilometers consisted of 15 9-kilometer laps on the streets of Rybnik. The riders from professional team and also amateurs were present on the start line. In the peleton there was 8 men in orange – last year’s winner Grzegorz Stepniak, Adrian Honkisz, Tomasz Kiendys, Mateusz Nowak, Piotr Gawronski, Pawel Charucki, Josef Cerny, Adrian Kurek and Jacek Morajko.
– Right after the start the pace was extremely high – said Kiendys after the race – We were very aggressive in the beginning and we tried to be in every breakaway attempt. After the fifth lap the leading group was formed, with 3 CCC Polsat Polkowice riders – Adrian Kurek, Łukasz Owsian and Adrian Honkisz. Later on Honkisz and Owsian decided to take off for 50 kilometers they chased down by BDC MarcPol team. They were reeled in with only 4k to go and this is when the race became livelier again. When it was 1,5km to the finish I broke clear solo and gain small advantage over the bunch. I managed to maintain all the way to the line.
Tomasz Kiendys took the victory, while Kacper Gronkiewicz (BDC MarcPol) and Michal Paluta (Pacific Torun) were the fastest from the peleton and rounded out the podium.
Wyniki Tour de Rybnik 2014;
1. Tomasz Kiendys (CCC Polsat Polkowice)
2. Kacper Gronkiewicz ( BDC MarcPol)
3. Michal Paluta (Pacific Toruń)
4. Mateusz Komar (BDC MarcPol)
5. Piotr Gawronski (CCC Polsat Polkowice)
6. Mateusz Nowak (CCC Polsat Polkowice)