Kenny van Hummel won stage 7 of Tour of Hainan after a sprint duel. The Dutch cyclist defeated at the finishing line the cyclist of the CCC Polsat Polkowice team, Bartłomiej Matysiak. It is already the third stage win of the team of Skil-Shimano.
Yesterday, due to the pouring rain and very strong wind, stage 6 was cancelled and the cyclists had a day’s break. Today’s 7th stage of the race, 173 km long, led from Chengmai to Danzhou and in spite of many attempts at breakaways the finishing line was reached by the whole group, among whom the finish was settled.
In the general classification Igliński is still leading, and Tomasz Marczyński advanced to the eighth place. The team of CCC Polsat Polkowice is leading in the teams classification of the race.
The results of stage 7, Chengmai – Danzhou 172.8 km
1. Kenny Robert Van Hummel (Ned) Skil – Shimano 01:25:22
2. Bartłomiej Matysiak (Pol) CCC Polsat Polkowice
3. Jurij Metluszenko (Ukr) Ukraine
10. Sylwester Janiszewski
17. Tomasz Smoleń
31. Adrian Honkisz
61. Tomasz Kiendyś
63. Tomasz Marczyński
79. Łukasz Bodnar
The general classification after stage 7
1. Walentin Igliński (Kaz) Astana 16:57:20
2. Johnnie Walker (Aus) Footon-Servetto 00:00:19
3. Kiel Reijnen (USA) Jelly Belly Presented By Kenda 00:00:21
13.Tomasz Marczyński 0:00:30
18. Adrian Honkisz 0:00:41
38. Bartłomiej Matysiak 0:02:42
43. Sylwester Janiszewskki 0:02:50
64. Łukasz Bodnar 0:03:16
96. Tomasz Smoleń 0:06:39
101. Tomasz Kiendyś 0:09:06