CCC Sprandi Polkowice riders arrived at the finish in the bunch, at typical sprinter stage 2 of Tour of Turkey. For the second time in a row, Mark Cavendish took the win.
Similar stage, similar scenario. Second stage of Tour of Turkey was almost a copy of the race opener. The 5-man breakaway was riding in the front, and two of those riders were also in the yesterday’s escape – Louis Mas Bonet (Caja Rural- Seguros) and Federic Zurlo (UnitedHealthcare). They were pedaling alongside Kevin De Mesmaeker (Team Novo Nordisk), Frederik Veuchelen (Wanty – Groupe Gobert) and Adrien Niyonshuti (MTN – Qhubeka).
After gaining the maximum lead of 5:30 the peloton started to cut down the differential. It was completely reduced with 12km to go, mostly by the sprinters’ teams.
CCC Sprandi Polkowice riders were riding calmly and safely in the middle of the group, saving energy for the upcoming, hard mountain stages.
The finale of the stage was played the similar way as yesterday. Mark Cavendish took advantage of his teammates’, Mark Renshaw’s lead out and took the second win. He outsprinted Sacha Modolo (Lampre – Merida) and Nicola Ruffoni (Bardiani – CSF Pro Team) with a very small margin but the fact that he completed the race with a deflated tire had a big impact on his speed.
All of the CCC Sprandi Polkowice riders arrived in the bunch and will approach the third, mountain stage to Elmali with no time loses.
Results of stage 2 Tour of Turkey, Alanya – Antalya, 182km
1. Mark Cavendish (Etixx-Quick Step)
2. Sacha Modolo (Lampre – Merida)
3. Nicola Ruffoni (Bardiani – CSF Pro Team)
28. Tomasz Kiendyś (CCC Sprandi Polkowice)
36. Nikolay Mihaylov (CCC Sprandi Polkowice)
59. Stefan Schumacher (CCC Sprandi Polkowice)
84. Adrian Honkisz (CCC Sprandi Polkowice)
87. Łukasz Owsian (CCC Sprandi Polkowice)
89. Davide Rebellin (CCC Sprandi Polkowice)
104. Mateusz Taciak (CCC Sprandi Polkowice)
122. Jan Hirt (CCC Sprandi Polkowice)